Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus Apps
Finger foods make great appetizers and these prosciutto wrapped asparagus spears are great as pass around apps or starters at a dinner party. Make sure and pick up some yummy prosciutto from the Top O’ The Cove Deli Store!
What You’ll Need:
- 12 asparagus spears
- 6 prosciutto slices/strips
- Olive Oil
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash asparagus and cut or break off the ends.
- Depending on the size of your prosciutto strips, you may have to cut them in half. You don’t want to overwrap the asparagus or it might be a touch too salty.
- Place a prosciutto strip on your cutting board or another clean, flat surface and put one asparagus spear on top of the meat, perpendicular to it. Line up the end of the asparagus with the edge of your prosciutto strip and start rolling the asparagus up. Your prosciutto should wrap up most of the asparagus spear but don’t worry if it’s not all the way. Place your finished wraps in a baking sheet.
- Your oven should be ready to go now. Simply drizzle a little olive oil over your prosciutto wrapped asparagus spears and place the baking pan in the oven. They shouldn’t need more than 5-10 minutes. We like ours still crispy!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 5-10 minutes